Thursday, June 19, 2008

"Patriotic Tin"


This is another great idea I got from the gallery at Clear Dollar Stamps. With the 4th of July coming up, I loved the idea so much that I absolutely had to do it!

I started with a band aid tin from Provo Craft, and decorated it with some fun patriotic patterned paper by Doodlebug, layered on top of red cardstock. I attached a Jolee's star embellishment on front and adhered a red 'raindrop' center by Cloud9 Design. I then tied miscellaneous red, white and blue ribbons/ric rac on the handle.

Now, on to the fun!! The stamp set I used by Clear Dollar is called Patriotic Nuggets. It is wonderful! It is everything you need to decorate your nuggets for anything patriotic!! I used white Avery mailing labels to stamp my images on, then all you have to do is peel & stick! How great is that -- quick & easy! For my images, I used SU's Real Red; Brilliant Blue; and Summer Sun.

For most of you that know me, I usually wrap my nuggets in decorative paper, instead of using the mailing labels. But with this set, using the mailing labels is the way to go, and the results are great! (You know I'm excited to find something else that holds decorated nuggets!) heehee

I've posted a smaller photo with the lid opened on the tin, showing how I adhered a stamped label to the inside lid.

1 comment:

Rochelle W said...

How cool is this. Turned out great. You should add some life saver fireworks to the tin. LOL