Monday, June 16, 2008

"Hook, Line & Sinker. . ."


I so meant to post this last night in honor of Father's Day. I decorate this lunch sack for my neighbor's kids to give to their Dad. He was in a fishing tournament yesterday after church, and this was going to be part of his Father's Day gifts after dinner.

I covered the front and back with 'outdoorsy' paper, then cut out the lettering with my Cricut, before adhering on the front. Michelle had dug around in his tackle box one day (while he was at work) to get me the "supplies", so I had to figure out how to incorporate a hook. . .a line. . .and a sinker on this bag. So, I did the best I could! heehee If you can make it out, I attached the hook and sinker with the line to the top right corner of the bag. So the front reads: We love you hook, line and sinker!

I filled the insided with his favorite treat -- Reese's Peanut Butter Cups. (Maybe that will help him forgive us for messing with his fishing gear!) Happy Be-lated Father's Day, George! You're One Terrific Dad!!

1 comment:

Michelle said...

Hey JoAnna, George said to tell you THANKS SO MUCH!! He really did love his gift. And the kids thought it was really neat too. I think you did a great job!

My little crafty friend! LOL