Saturday, May 17, 2008

"All About Me"



Last night at graduation, when the music started and I was standing with my family watching as my niece's senior class came onto the football field, I had chillbumbs!! I thought to myself, now if that was Alyssa's senior class, I would be crying! However, upon giving my sister a quick check to see if she was having a 'moment', I got a quick glance and a "Are you kidding?" look! heehee Then I responded, that this time next year, we would all be here again for my nephew, Craig. At that, my sister gave a quick "Praise the Lord!" heehee All of you that know us, knows that my sister, Kim, loves her kids more than the moon and stars, but she's ready to be done! LOL She's done an excellent job with both, Lauren & Craig!!

That got me thinking, Alyssa is only going to be in the 6th grade next year, and one minute I'm ready for her to be done, then the next minute, I'm not! Last night, at graduation, made me think...of course, I will be so very proud of Alyssa's accomplishments, but then again, will I be able to handle her taking off to college?!?! Who knows?!?! What I do know is that I've got several more years to ponder on it, but it also got me thinking about doing a small scrapbook of some type all about ME! Not her....but ME! Something I could work on, now and then, and give to her upon graduation to take with her. I was thinking it could have little notes to her about different things; my favorite types of movies; what I hope for her future, etc.

OK! I know I am having a 'mommy' moment here, but please work with me!! Seriously, let me know what you think, or if you have any ideas for me.

(Oh, by the way, if anyone is interested, I have absolutely nothing else to do right now....that's why I've come up with another album to start!!) HA/HA

4 comments:

Lorie said...

I think your book is a great idea! From a mom with 20 year old son (along with a 16 and 10 year old) everything went along just fine until he became a freshman in high school then...I blinked and the next thing I knew he was reading off the names of his fellow graduates then walking the stage himself to graduate. Wow! Crazy how fast those four years went! And my middle son...ummm...yeah, he's a junior next year! Holy cow...it is happening again!

Enjoy making your album. Maybe it would be good to make it about you and your daughter. That way she can look back and see the fun things you did together and maybe even some of the lessons learned along the way. Just a thought.

Sorry about the book I just wrote! Have a great rest of your weekend! :o)

Rochelle W said...

It's ok to have a mommy moment. You are a great mom to Alyssa and she is a great daughter to you. I know you will always be close to each other and no matter how fast she grows up, she will always be your baby. I think your book is a great idea. Write down all your feelings. You can share them with her when she grows up and remember when she has children of her own, she will understand all of your thoughts and feelings because she will have the same ones.

Lauri said...

I think it is a great idea! I have started a recipe box for my daughter of all the things she likes to eat and cook, but I think I book about you is a great idea!

Valarie said...

I think it is a great idea and would love to this for my kids as well. I have a friend who started one last year to give to her daughter.