Friday, January 25, 2008

"My Alligator Treat Box"


I totally got all inspiration for this adorable treat box from Melanie Muenchinger's blog. She made one using the giraffe from Gina K's "Just So Hippy" stamp set. However, since I don't have that set yet, I pulled out one of Alyssa's trusty 'ole coloring books (yes, I said coloring book), and found my new friend, Mr. Alligator. Let me introduce you....he was cute enough and, hey, he's holding a heart. LOL
Anyway, to make this treat box, I used the clear boxes from Papertrey. For the insert, I cut my cardstock 5 7/8" x 12". You will score the cardstock at 2 3/4", 3 3/4", 8", and 9". You will also need to decide what type of shape you want to cut out for the treats to show through. (I chose a circle, because I did not have anything large enough to cut a oval.) When choosing your image for the cut-out, make sure it is a little taller, so it will not fall through.
Now back to my new friend, Mr. Alligator. I colored him with Prismacolor pencils and blended with gamsol and a stump. Then cut him out and placed him on top of the red-polked Offray ribbon with a glue dot. After decorating my background cardstock with misc. stamped images, I wrapped the ribbon around and attached it in the back with more glue dots. Now, all you have to do is insert the decorated cardstock into the box; stand it up and fill with treats!!
Thanks again to Melanie for all the directions and inspiration for this!

3 comments:

Rochelle W said...

This is sooooo cute.

Melanie said...

Great job!!! That is SO SMART to go find an image you need in a coloreing book, bravo! :)

Anonymous said...

I think I had the same coloring book because the alligator looks very familiar. Cute idea.

Linda W.