Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Cookie Cutter Gifts"

These are the gifts I just finished for Alyssa to give to the office staff at school for Christmas. My stepmom, Linda, gave me this adorable cookie cutter gift idea last year and I thought it was too cute not to do.

The bag of Christmas-themed cookie cutters that I found at Target were trimmed with pale blue silicone, so I used that to set my color scheme. After printing my poem and punching it out, I layered it on a scalloped light blue circle. I, then added a coordinating color snowflake brad, by Creative Impressions, to each, and sprayed the poem with Glimmer Mist, by Tattered Angels, to give them a little shimmer. To finish the gifts off, I tied the poems to the cello bags with blue & white checked Offray ribbon.

This is an individual photo and below is the poem that I attached to each:
I made a plate of cookies,
And ate just one or two.
But started feeling guilty,
Because they were for you.
I went into a panic
And ordered on the phone,
This brand new cookie cutter
So you can make your very own!

4 comments:

Wanda said...

I just LOVE this. I'm going to have to make some!! TFS

Lauri said...

What a great idea!! You always have the best little gift ideas. Hope you have a wonderful Thanksgiving!

Tammy said...

Love this and they will too! The poem is too cute!

Anonymous said...

I am going to make these again this Christmas because I am working in a different office and this new group has not see the cookie cutter and poem. I love this idea. They are easy to make which is a big plus for me.

Linda W.