Sunday, August 12, 2007

"Be Yourself"


When I found this 'Be Yourself' rubon by Daisy D, I thought it was stunning. Then, I found this sunflower paper from Bo Bunny and had to have it, too. I knew exactly which picture of Alyssa I wanted to use. (I love this photo of her with cowboy boots on.) I used a matching Bazzill to anchor the sunflower paper, then used a Bo Bunny aged school paper for the rubon. I matted in two more Bazzills and was able to use my new ticket punch from SU to get the corner effect. I was also able to use my new spiral punch from SU to get the look for the journal box. Finally, I paper-pieced a sunflower for the bottom with the year and her age. Sorry, this scan does not do it justice. In real life, all the colors are richer. My journaling reads: Alyssa, I absolutely adore you! Always believe in who you are and just be yourself! You are the sun that fills each and every day for me! I love you, Mommy

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

JoAnna, as always you did a wonderful job! I love your creativeness on all of your projects. Keep up the good work!

Lisa B.

Rochelle W said...

What a great page. I love the hand written note that you wrote for her. She is beautiful too. You must be proud.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely beautiful!!!! I will be glad when I am done with baseball pages so I can get back to girly stuff!!!! Kim